... and breathe (?)

Monday, August 3, 2009

It’s been an emotional rollercoaster, to say the very least.

The bottom line? I’m just not good with goodbyes. And I’ve had to say goodbye a lot in the past week: Sarah, Bread Loaf, Bread Loaf friends, and then my ENTIRE family. I feel badly for Schuyler because I’ve been nothing but a blubbering babbling ball of “Waaaah” since yesterday morning.

I honestly now see why so many of my friends move back home. It’s incredibly difficult to be ok with seeing your parents and your sister once, maybe twice, a year. And now I have this beautiful little niece who is going to be twice as big the next time I see her. That just doesn’t seem right, ya know?

I’m trying to soak up St. Augustine now that I’m back. Appreciate the slow pace, the tropical beauty, the beach… but it’s hard. I feel like I’m in a fog. MAYBE it could have a little to do with the fact that I’ve had finals, then literally traveled over 5,000 miles in the past week up and down the East coast and then all the way to Arizona and back. Maybe I’m just tapped out…

Sigh.

I promise to post adorable baby pictures tomorrow… oh is little Olivia CUTE.

0 comments: