Travels of a Wild Woman

Monday, July 27, 2009

Helllloooooo! Almost a week since I posted? For shame, Margo! I promise, I have a lot of good excuses:
-School
-Schooooooooool
-Weekend Trip to Ohio
-Lazy+Ass

Any of those work for you? No?

So, on Friday I brought my camera with me to the dining hall to document the horrible grossness that is the food torture I have been subjected to the past six weeks. I was hoping to get a great shot of the food line consisting of lima beans, squash, and pineapple casserole.

And what happened? A MIRACLE. We had what will go down in the books as the Best Lunch of 2009-- Summer School Edition. Fried catfish with vinegar, coleslaw and potato salad. Here's a picture:

Oh yeah- I never mentioned this before? This is our dining hall-- and those are the mountains. It's really a superb place to enjoy your meal of lima beans and pineapple casserole.

***

I left campus, after consuming the delicious catfish, to visit Miss Sarah Jane in Ohio for the weekend. Oh, how it was nice to see her, Chris, and Betsy! I didn't want to leave. We had Chipotle, Bud Lites, and some much needed glorious and illuminating TV time. Since I haven't seen a TV in six weeks I think I peed myself a little when she handed me the remote control.

Love these people-- too much.

0 comments: