Strength in Green Olives*

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So. This week. I thought last week was difficult.

My mom called last night to say my grandma was being transported to Sioux City for an emergency heart procedure. I could barely sleep. I pulled myself together for work this morning, but was pretty distracted. Luckily I heard this afternoon that my grandmother's procedure was successful and she was recovering really well.

And you thought I was homesick before.

Anyway-- I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. I've been dealing like a rational female: eating everything in sight, being a bully to my partner, and text messaging my sister every three minutes. I am officially the most annoying person in the world.

*Green olives are my official stress food of choice. High in fat, sodium, and cost. Or maybe it's just because I finished off the brownies yesterday...

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Relieved to hear that the procedure went well. That's super scary and hard to deal with while you're away. I'll keep her in my t&p. Lovies!