So I know I never mention the wedding here on “the blog.” The reason for that is because I am a procrastinator and will probably plan my wedding the week before. Don’t be surprised if I e-mail invitations and hire Sonny’s to cater the whole shindig.
Actually, the real reason is because after I got engaged I left for graduate school in North Carolina. The last thing I needed to be preoccupied with there was wedding stuff. I just promised myself: NO WEDDING STUFF. You know why? Because at 11pm at night the day before a Renaissance Drama paper is due what is more tempting? Proof reading for comma splices and split infinitives or reading 100layercake for all their cute wedding ideas? We ALL know the answer to that question.
But now that school is over and I’m finally settled back into my routine at home, I can start making a few plans. Like set a date!! Ready peeps? February 28th, 2010. (OMG, that’s in 6 months!) It’s a Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Why Sunday? It’s just cheaper to get hitched on a Sunday. I don’t really feel like arm wrestling all the local brides for photographer, caterer, flowers, and hair stylists.
So if ya’ll have any great wedding websites or ideas or tips or anything helpful, please let me know. It’s going to be a VERY small wedding, the room where we’ll be having dinner holds 24 people. I’m hoping it will be super laid back with a lot of style. And our budget is about the size of the guest list, so any budget tips would be welcome as well. Oh, and the colors are yellow and grey… and don’t even suggest any decorating ideas with lemons. I refuse to decorate with lemons.
Things I’m already doing:
Making my own birdcage veil
Making my own invitations
Schuyler’s making the cake
Growing our own succulents? Hmm… stay tuned on that one.
A Wedding Post For Realz
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good luck with the planning. I love 100 Layer Cake and here is another great wedding blog:
http://eastsidebride.blogspot.com/
No wedding plans in my near future, but it's so fun to look! :)
Post a Comment