Hello Kittens. Yes, I’ve been on a blogging hiatus. Mostly because I spend my free time watching Comedy Central, Googling my favorite fictional characters, and eating tortilla chips taken directly from the bag and dipped into an open jar of salsa. You know, the usually post-5pm shenanigans.
However, I did take a break from Comedy Central long enough to change out of my sweatpants and into jeans to attend LBC (Ladies Book Club)** on Friday night. (Where they served chips and salsa out of an actual bowl. Fancy!) This book club was especially awesome due to the fact that Holly hired a Tarot Card reader. It went with our theme because the book we read was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. You know, in honor of the most holiest of holidays: Halloween.
It was amazing and I am curious if my reading will come true. Strangely enough, they have been coming true thus far. However, there is one very specific card that I hope does not come true, as these were only 2-3 week projections. The reader assured me that it could not pertain to me, it could pertain to a “very close friend.” And that card is “The Crib.” Not as in MTV Cribs and I’ll be moving into a sweet house with 9 flat screen TVs, two swimming pools, and a cabana boy. But as in a baby crib. I looked at the woman all, “THAT IS SO NOT FUNNY,” and she reminded me that it could be someone close to me. THANKFULLY, one of my fertile married friends is expecting a wee bundle of joy- so I’m just going to project that ole Crib card right onto her, close my eyes, plug my ears, and go “lalalalalala.”
** Contrary to the stereotype of most ladies-only book clubs, we are not crazy cat ladies who enjoy knitting and Murder She Wrote marathons. We are most-likely the most amazing book club ever formed. We read great books, drink delicious 2-for-1 Winn Dixie wine, and laugh mercilessly at one another. Face it, you’re so jealous of my book club.
Chips and Salsa
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Labels: silly me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HURRAH! Is the Winn Dixie 2-4-1 wine comment for me? Because I totally tried to scrape that sticker off.
We totally rock! :)
And you called it the LBC...awesome!
Post a Comment