And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ok. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been a horrible blogger this week. I’ve been sooo fracking busy with work, life, and planning a wedding. Oh yeah, the wedding. Still don’t have a catering menu. Still don’t have flowers ordered. Still don’t have a notary. Still don’t have invitations. All I have right now is a dress on order, shoes, and a truckload of family coming into town. Sounds like a party to me!

So I took a picture of my desk at work because I think it reveals a lot about my life right now.

- At first glimpse it is nothing but chaos. Feng shui packed his bags and left a few weeks ago, and since then I live in squalor.
- My atomic apple germ blaster hand sanitizer helps me avoid Swine Flu while smelling deliciously like Apple Pucker. Now I think everyone who comes in my office thinks I drink appletinis for lunch. Mmmmm, appletinis...
- The picture of the cat is actually a postcard that Schuyler sent me in Asheville. His apparent misery totally cheers me up.
- The paper to the right of my computer is the bill for my next six months of car insurance. Can’t WAIT to pay that. I guess Lulu gets generic Kibble this month.
- My Bikram yoga sticker has a woman doing a perfect standing bow pulling pose on it. It reminds me every day that I should go to yoga or work out or I will never fit in my wedding dress and thus I will not get married and die alone, cold and wet like that cat in the postcard.
- Markers, pens, scissors, oh my! Tools of the trade my friends.
- Lists. Everywhere there are lists. And signs… uh oh, I feel a music montage coming on!


0 comments: