LThis weekend I shampooed the carpets. And can I just say, I love renting a carpet shampooer from Winn Dixie. It usually has some dirty water left in it, and hairs from an unidetified creature stuck to the bottom. Perhaps they used this to clean a chicken coop? I often shudder to think the stuff the shampooer has sucked up from the carpets of strangers. Spilled wine? Muddy water? Urine? The list goes sharply downhill from there. It is often an exercise in denial, renting a Rug Doctor from the Winn Dixie.
So I sacrificed Saturday to the carpet gods, and Sunday I sacrificed to the "putting shit back" gods. Those are the worst gods, too. I returned the Rug Doctor, surveyed my pristine carpets, and just as I was to sign in relief I realized that I had two box springs, two matresses, desks, side tables, end tables, chairs, rugs, lamps, YOU NAME IT just chilling on the hardwood floors in my livingroom and kitchen. I did contemplate leaving it all there. Just living with empty bedrooms and a cluttered livingroom... It would have been so much easier. And hey, if I rented a Rug Doctor, I could certainly crawl back in my denial bubble and just forget about the clutter like I forgot about the all the strangers' dog urine the machine has cleaned up.
But that didn't happen. And lo and behold, all the sudden it's Monday. And I have a clean, clutter-free house. But I'm not home to enjoy it. Oh nooo. Because, I'm back at work. I hope my cats appreciate the clean house.
1 comments:
LULU!!!!!!
Post a Comment