To answer Jessica’s question: Yes.
Yes, we have leftover cake.
Let me preface this with the fact that Schuyler and I are not sentimental people. I don’t have any movie stubs from our first dates, or pressed rose petals from flowers he has given me. I didn’t buy yearbooks in high school and Schuyler didn’t walk at his high school graduation. I’m giving my wedding dress to a charity. It’s a sickness… I’m like the opposite of an over-zealous scrap-booker. You know the ones with the tiny stickers of shopping bags and price tags and construction paper cut-out zig zags to commemorate something ridiculous like their first trip to Mall of America.
Scrapbooks are creepy.
Back to the cake though.
YES, we have leftover cake. The cake that Schuyler and I lovingly constructed in our kitchen at 2 am the night before our wedding. We still have the top tier, to be exact. It’s wrapped up and in my freezer next to the waffle fries and cube steaks.
Are we saving it for our first anniversary like a nice traditional couple? To be enjoyed with a glass of champagne and our ‘paper’ themed gifts (BETTER BE COLD HARD CASH, HONEY)?
No. We just had the top tier left over. We’ll probably end up eating it some night after dinner when the sweet tooth strikes and we realize we’re fresh out of brown sugar poptarts and leftover Christmas candy canes.
But oh, wasn’t the cake beautiful? With its vanilla layers held together with butter cream and lemon curd all covered in smooth, perfect fondant? It was served with a side of fresh strawberries and lavender syrup. Mmmm…nommy.

Maybe I’ll have a slice tonight.
Let them eat cake!
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Posted by Margo at Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're so cruel.... now I'm craving a piece of Publix birthday cake!
how about you save it for when your friend Erin comes to visit! sounds like a freaking amazing cake!! waiting a year is overrated anyway.
Post a Comment