So while I was out of the blogosphere getting a breath of fresh air and perspective and blah dee blah blah a lot happened.
I should catch you up on that. Because while some of it was horrible... a lot of it was really terrific. Let's see, when I left off before my break I was obsessing about my 26th birthday. Oh, little grasshopper, how blind you were. Here's a play-by-play of the exhausting, exciting, omg will it ever end beginning to 2010 that went undocumented by your hyperbolic friend Margo.
We last left off and I was planning to fly home to Nebraska and meet my sister and neice for Christmas/my dad's 60th birthday. Then a monster snow storm decided to take a giant dump on the center of the country and my flight was cancelled. So Christmas/birthday came via a brown UPS box.
Of course I thought this was the most haneous thing to happen to me. Then life has a way of smacking you upside the head with 100 pounds of perspective. On January 2nd, a day before my birthday, my dad called to tell me their house, and my childhood home, had burned down the night before. Luckily no one had been hurt, bud I did lose all my pictures, handmade quilts and bookshelves from my grandparents, and hundreds of other things I kept in my room. Luckily, they are just things. I still have my family, and that's all that matters.
Needless to say my birthday went by practically unnoticed by me, or anyone else. However, I had some fantastic girlfriends whisk me away a few weekends later to Savannah for a bachelorette weekend filled with shopping, eating sushi and greek food, way too many bay breezes, dancing at a place called "Bar Bar" and... wait, that's where it kinda gets fuzzy for me.
When I got home I realized that my free-spirited cat, De La Cruz, had gotten out of the house and into a brawl with one of the flea infested neighborhood
And then I got promoted 4 days before my wedding and a co-worked punk'd my office.
Oh yeah- then I married this guy...
and had a lot of fun celebrating.
Note: When you go on your honeymoon, don't get the stomach flu. I was more intimate with the toilet than anything else. I did manage to go hiking one morning when my stomach was tricking me into thinking I was better. Also? Vermont is my new favorite place, even with all the puking.
Then Schuyler got a new job, but had a 2 week vacation between old and new jobs. So after 3.5 years of begging he finally appeased my desires: he grew a beard. And it was hawt. Then he shaved it into a My-Name-Is-Earl-handlebar. That was not quite so hawt.
And that gets us here. To the present. I'm not going to lie, the first part of 2010 has been a bit of a test for me. I'm trying to keep it all together, but I'm exhausted. I'm hoping this summer will prove to be deliciously relaxing. Front porch- you are calling my name. I'll bring the beer.








1 comments:
What a wonderful recap. I especially love the '...not seaworthy' signs and the handlebar mustache. Lovely!
Post a Comment