A long time gone... some long hair soon-to-be-gone

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So two weeks since my last post. Wow. About that. I was... eaten by wolves? Won a free trip to Tahiti? Forgot to pay my Comcast bill?

None of the above. I've just been extremely busy. Things that have been occupying me: today is day 24 of 30 in my yoga challenge (that was recently extended to a 60 day challenge), work, the never-ending bathroom shower remodel, chasing after Iggy in the back yard (still no success in apprehending him), and OH YEAH, I threw my neck out two days ago.

How did I accomplish a feat usually only mastered by geriatrics? It went something like this: 7:00am and I pull up to my house after a particularly hard yoga practice (think lots of side-plank, warrior 3, and one of these)and notice a very emaciated Iggy was hanging out on our front porch. I hadn't seen him in WEEKS. Of course, he wouldn't come to me and ran under our front porch so I go barreling into our house yelling for Schuyler to WAKE UP WAKE UP IGGY IS OUTSIDE WAKE UP. And then? I slip and fall flat on my back like I was clotheslined. On the tile floor. I was all loosey goosey from yoga, so I felt fine and got right up. Little did I know, that night my neck would seize up like a vice grip. And now I have a heating pad and move around like King Tut crossed with Frankenstein. Well, not the real Frankenstein from Mary Shelley's novel because he was extremely nimble. But the Frankenstein that was protrayed on TV, like Uncle Lurch or the Frankeberries mascot.

So now folks at work are calling me neckbrace Barbie. Which brings me to my second point-- in a matter of hours I will no longer resemble Barbie. (Yes, people tell me often that I remind them of Barbie. It's not the body, I'm 5'4'' and an apple-bottom. It's just the bleach blond hair.) So yes, the blond Barbie hair is being chopped off tonight. I'm donating it to the Gulf Coast, although I'm still way behind my sister who actually donates all the dog fur from every single dog she grooms to the Gulf Coast.

Here's my before picture... nevermind the heat pad stuck to my neck.

Stay tuned for the after.

0 comments: