Sorry- I skipped the weekend. It was my first whole weekend off in a long time, and so I didn't log onto the computer once! It was so nice. Cleaned the house, made dinner, went out with the girls-- perfect fall weekend!
But now, I'm back!
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Oh man, do I have a flaw. And that flaw?
I like to hold a grudge.
Ok, maybe I don’t like it, so much as, I don’t know how to overcome uncomfortable situations. I’m a pretty agreeable person. I go out of my way for people I care about. So it’s so rare that a situation comes along that calls for forgiveness or a grudge—well, I am sad to admit I’m usually pretty quick to hold a grudge.
Maybe I should have done more bible school on Sundays. Beefed up on my forgiveness.
Some of the grudges that I have to forgive are so old. I still have a hard time being around a particular classmate that made fun of me in the Junior High locker room behind my back. Or my ex-boyfriend’s father who told me I’d never amount to anything.
Or my size 4 jeans that no longer fit. I definitely hold a grudge against those lousy bastards.
But I honestly think that marriage teaches you how to really forgive. Luckily my husband forgives me when I say hurtful things that I don’t mean, and I forgive him when he may be less-than-chivalrous. And that’s how we make it work… through forgiving each other. So Schuyler, thank you for forgiving me for being… well, me. The good, the bad, the ugly, mascara stained crying monster. And Schuyler, I forgive you. It doesn’t matter for what, but I always will.
Day 4... and I skipped the weekend.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Posted by Margo at Monday, November 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lubunedoabope
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/insomnia]insomnia[/url]
guersiosose
Post a Comment