Long Distance Relationshipping

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Skype picture-grab
Okay, yes, being gone from Florida for six weeks during the summer does have its advantages, namely, not melting into a blob of goo in the oppressive heat. Or fighting for a spot on the beach among five hundred thousand out-of-state tourists that insist on dragging all their worldly belongings with them to their beach towel (I once saw a lady knitting on the beach while listening to a boom box the size of a refrigerator. Knitting! Boom Box! IS THIS THE WINTER OF 1988?). Or burning your ass on your leather car seats every time you need to drive somewhere because YES, I may have leather car seats but still cannot afford to have an actual garage, thankyouverymuch.

But it does have its draw-backs. Like trying to keep relationships happy and healthy. See the exhibit above: the two men in my life. Can't you see how forlorn and lost they are? Not pictured: box of kleenex, cd compilation of Celine Dion love songs, and half eaten box of chocolates. 

Actually, it's always a challenge keeping a relationship healthy when you are apart for so long. Skype is great, it makes it easier to actually see their face and have visual proof-of-life for the pets. But, it's difficult and I know Schuyler gets frustrated with my hi-jinks. Most days I have to do so much homework that I can usually only give up about 30 minutes for a chat.

It will be nice to get back home. Three weeks from today I'll be back. Not that anyone's counting...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! reunion with Sky and the bubbies! and MEEEEE

-elle.b.