I let my mind get the best of me, and I'm really good at kicking my own ass.
So that's what I've been doing for the better part of the day- kicking my ass around. I see out of the windows that surround me that it's a beautiful day, but I can't seem to get past all the stuff that is going on in my head.
I've decided that I hate opportunists. They are in search of an unattainable, and will constantly be dissapointed in life. I seem to surround myself with them at times. As my sister would say, in her infinite wisdom, "There's no such thing as perfect out there. I know you're thinking 'of course I know there's no such thing as perfect' but deep down you're REALLY thinking 'of course there is such a things as perfect, and I deserve it!' but you need to shut that voice up, because, Margo, there is no such thing as perfect. As soon as you realize that, your life will be a lot happier." The only thing that really makes me hurt? I don't think too many people are lucky enough to 1) be smart enough to realize this on their own 2) have an amazing, perceptive, intellegent little sister like I do. So I'm walking around the world forgiving people for their flaws, while they are still holding mine against me. I think the cards are stacked against me in this game...
But, in the sprit of optimism, I'd like to note that I had an amazing weekend. Schuyler and I have our Home Depot/grocery store tradition (where, of course, we wander around aimlessly.) Bought a grill and that is making the "what's for dinner" question much easier to answer. I am reading Willa Cather's One of Ours and I must admit, it goes well with tea and a blanket on a sunny afternoon. Purchased amazing pumps, a dress, and jeans for very cheap prices...Went to Junkanoo (Bahamian Festival) on Saturday, and though I was freezing cold (because I insisted on wearing my new dress) it was a lot of fun.
Perhaps the best part of the weekend?
Riding around downtown on my $10 bicycle I got through Facebook Marketplace. If anyone else wants to sell me a bicycle for $10, that would be sweet. Or a couch.
Things to be excited about:
Justina coming to town
One day of work next week!
Dinner with Liz
New glasses tomorrow (which I'm sure to never wear...)
Nebraska to see my sister/bridesmaid duty for Kimberly in 9 days!
Camping w/ Schuyler (perhaps canoe-buying as well)
And, of course, I'm looking forward to dinner... he said we're going out!
Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
Monday, May 21, 2007
Posted by Margo at Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment