No-no-no-no-drama

Monday, February 11, 2008

Today I'm so glad that I've erased so many things from my life that caused drama, bad feelings, and stress.

My life is so much happier now...

Sometimes you believe people are your friends, you will do anything for them. For me it was smoke cigarettes, be contantly judgemental, and let myself become obsessed with this self-worth that I honestly had not earned in the least.

Now I've totally mellowed out. I've maybe become a tad bit too bean-sprouty (replacing cigarettes with yoga and soda with water) I can proudly say it has been 10 months since I've had a single cigarette. And, I think the truest sign of my transformation, when people are smoking around me I never, ever think of asking for one.

That's not the same for soda-- I still want to grab the Diet Coke out of peoples hands and drink it down in all it's fizzy glory.

I've made new friends, older friends, happier friends. I spend my free time unconcerned with other people and more concerned about riding my bike or reading a book.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the best times. A quick inspection of my fridge would reveal several Guinness bottles and some Bloodymary Mix at hand at all times. My debit card still has numerous pub deductions. And well... I non-work appropriate high heels still outnumber my work shoes and flip flops combined.

And I feel good. Sometimes I miss the old days... it seemed more spontaneous and ridiculous (in a good way) than life now... but to be fair, I was wearing a whole lot of black back then. Today, it's white and blue and green and gold. It's less makeup, far less, and perfume.

It's nice.

And if you're reading this, my 'real' friends-- you are my truest ones. Some from far far in the past, some recent friends, but most of all you're my champions. You make me laugh constantly and care endlessly. You have never come and gone, you've always just been there.

It's a wonderful feeling.

3 comments:

- Dani said...

I've given up soda, and as of today my day starts with a 5 am walk/rum (I'm really trying to someday become a runner). So when (not if) I see you before I return to Canada, you better not have a diet coke in your hands, because I'll tackle you for it. Consider yourself warned.

- Dani said...

Haha...I meant run...not rum. Damn, this is why I will never attempt to give up drinking.

Sarah Jane said...

I think that was a Freudian slip, Miss Keller. Haha.

And Marge, I am the weakest of your friends, at least when it comes to things that are cold and carbonated, so next time you see might, I might just have to swing the car into 7-11 or Kangaroo for a quick fix. Please don't hate me for it... it is my only vice. (Other than beer, of course)