BBQ Rules

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Note to everyone: water baloons are not welcomed at BBQs once you are out of high school.

That being said, I went to a delicious BBQ this weekend with some of Schuylers work friends and some unwanted water balloons. I think I was midway through my second oyster when I was soaked. Then in running for cover I got attacked from behind.

I'm a good sport. I really am. I don't back down from dares, I don't mind trying new foods, heck, I even do my roommates dishes all in the name of keeping the peace.

However.

If you throw a water balloon at me on my day off when I'm just trying to relax, have a Sam Adams Lite, and eat an oyster, I will not tolerate such behavior. Now perhaps if you told me when you invited me to said BBQ that there would be a water fight, I could have prepared myself. Instead of my nice blue sweater and SUEDE shoes, I would have shown up in a t shirt and flip flops. With my OWN balloons.

Of course, I wasn't informed.

I'm guess this just goes towards the lesson "always be prepared." New addition to my trunk survival kit (along with boots for pushing my car out should it become stuck, food, a bottle of water, tylenol, and towels) will now be water balloons.

You laugh... but I'll have the last :)

1 comments:

- Dani said...

Have I told you about our beer crisper? We have one crisper devoted entirely to beer in our fridge...right now, it's full of Sam Adams Light. Beer is the new vegetable.