Premonition

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mark my words... bamboo is evil.

I'm sure that will be the consensus around our house in T minus one week.

That's right people, we have 736 square feet of bamboo flooring in the back bedroom that will be installed this weekend. And not by the friendly hired men at Home Depot, but by Schuyler, his dad, and me. (For free, I might add... which I must document so I can use it as a negotiating tool in the future.)

I spent yesterday prying baseboards off the walls and (much to my detriment) causing a few oopsies in the previously pristine drywall. Hey, you get what you pay for.

So I live in a combat zone. Luckily we won't be flooring the bedrooms, so my piles of clothes and books littered on my side of the bed won't have to be dealt with just yet.

I did receive a beautiful bouquet of roses, daisies, and wildflowers last week at work from my sweet boyfriend. Little did I know he was wooing me into his bamboo-lined lair. I'll post pictures when it's done- it will be like we have a new house! Also, will be getting FREE leather furniture in 2-3 months from his momma (who is upgrading to even nicer leather furniture) so that's pretty sweet.

So, if anyone wants to help home improve- let me know. I'll buy all the beer if you want to come by and help lay some floor. Please. Anyone?

0 comments: