I should be...

Monday, November 10, 2008


I should be…

Unpacking. Doing laundry. Painting the bathroom.

But I’m not. I’m so exhausted. Completely 100% pooped out. First election day and all the excitement and standing in lines and staying up until late to celebrate. Then every Wednesday I (along with my boss) host a coffee and donut table for where I work. We serve anywhere 160 cups of coffee and roughly 35 dozen donuts. We do this every week. It’s exhausting, but last week I had to not only be at work at 7:30am, I had to stay for more work events until 7:30 that night. Then packing and ironing for New York City. Which is where I was from Thursday AM until yesterday afternoon. It wasn’t a vacation, unfortunately. It was work. However, I did manage to get some fun in.

Things I did besides work in New York City:
Wall Street/Ground Zero
Go on the floor of the NY Stock Exchange during trading on Friday (apparently I know people)
Time square and the ceremonial eating of NY Cheesecake at 1am
Top of the Empire State Building… which was awesome. I’m a huge fan of art deco, so I’ve always wanted to see the Empire State Building in person.
Macy’s and Christmas Decorations (squee! Santa!)
5th Avenue (confirming that I? am poor)
Lunch with the fabulous Justina and a fast and furious catch up session—that made me want to put her in my pocket and take her back to Florida with me

New York is weird. I love Chicago and could totally live there, but I doubt I could live in New York. I think its too rough around the edges for this girl. Or maybe I’m just not hard enough? But it was still a fabulous trip and I’m so glad I have FINALLY visited. I am no longer a country bumpkin.

And, as promised, a picture of my new hair cut. Bonus footage: it’s also me on top of the Empire State Building.



“Oh hai, I’m greasy.”

0 comments: