A note from plague-central

Friday, March 6, 2009

Attack of Influenza B has taken a stronghold of my body. Daily assaults of fever, chills, aches and/or pains, cough, sore throat, and an overall ‘ickyness’ have yet to subside.

And dammit, I just was bragging to someone (my boss) about how since I started eating Activia I haven’t been sick in like a year and that amazing super-charged pro-biotic peach-flavored goodness has made me an impenetrable fortress of health. Then I have to call in sick to my boss and say how full of shit I am and “cough cough death is coming soon won’t be in to work today.”

But I am feeling better today thanks to Theraflu and vitamin C and aspirin and lots of rest. Good thing, too. Stacey is in town for a visit this weekend and now I can actually show her around. Hopefully even make it out to the beach on Sunday. It’s ArtWalk tonight, so we can peruse that. It’s also Harvest of Hope this weekend, but I will not be attending. Although I’d really really really like to see Tilly and the Wall. I think an outdoor boozefest and camping would be the last nail in my flu coffin.

0 comments: