An Exciting Announcement (buried somewhere in this post)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hi gang! I have been such a horrible blogger recently. I apologize for that. As you can see from previous posts, I’ve recently battled the plague known as influenza B. Also, Stacey was in town all weekend. Nothing is worse than wanting to go out and get wasted with your friend that is in town and you never get to see and being so sick that you can barely talk. Therefore the partying was kept to a minimum. Waah.

Anyway, now it’s Wednesday and Stacey made it safely back to Nebraska and I am almost completely healed. The only good thing to come of this sickness is the weight loss. I love flu weightloss. I got on the scale this morning and nearly did a jig. And my appetite hasn’t quite returned yet, so huzzah! Or maybe that’s just my hangover talking? Last night was book club and we discussed “The Reader” over a barrel of Chardonnay. I was the host, which basically means I made some questionable food and hoped I didn’t run out of wine. When it started looking like I’d have plenty of wine I decided to drink more than my share. So I can’t really tell if I still have flu belly or just hangover belly. Eitherway, I’m not craving Doritos so I chalk it up to a WIN.

So now that I’m on the mend and have some of my sass back, I would like to take a moment to make a very special announcement. My sister just found out on Friday that she is having a baby GIRL! I am so excited. I’ve never been around a baby boy, so I was really hoping for a girl. (I’m great at French braiding hair, make a mean tea party, and love reading the Romana Quimby books dramatically aloud.) And when she grows up I’ll be the cool aunt that she can call in college when someone breaks her heart or she hates her stupid asshole roommate that hooks up with the guy she’s into or that she can just call about how her mom is totally uncool. (That’s right Sadie, you! Welcome to parenthood!) I won’t encourage her to listen to Ryan Adams, like I did to get through the abysmal college funks because OMFG did ya’ll here him and Mandy Moore got married YESTERDAY? MARRIED. For more of my thoughts on this matter, you may remember this post.

ANYWAY. Yay for a baby girl. I can’t wait to meet the little munchkin this summer. Until then, I’ll be stockpiling Romona books.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Echoing a yay for baby girls!!!!!!!!!