I should warn you...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Full disclosure: icky medical stuff ahead. This blog can’t even pretend to be fancy.

Every time I get stressed out this weird thing happens in my body. Some humans may get a sty in their eyelid, or their hair might fall out. Some suffer from insomnia. Me? No. I get something much more freakish.
It’s called a “mucocele.” Basically it is a “structure” that forms “spontaneously” in your mouth. (Thank god it’s not in my pants! Am I right?)

In laymans terms, it’s a giant spit bubble about the size of a Skittle underneath the skin in your inner lip. I only get them when work is totally riding me like a dime store pony. I had one about the size of a Rolo when I was in New York City last fall for work. (And no, the only thing I can accurately compare them to is candy, thankyouverymuch.)

Now, thanks to the horrifying Google results, I realize that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Which is highly disappointing. But since I have to live with this “spontaneous structure” until it goes away (according to Google that is anywhere from five days to a year, yay!) I should at least have some fun freaking people out. So if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to French kiss my boyfriend.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

Margo, I love your writing. You crack me up. I just had a very 'laugh out loud' moment on the ghostly quiet 4th floor thanks to your "thank god it's not in my pants" comment!