A tiny makeover here in Margoith world today. Schuyler took the picture a few days before my sister’s wedding in 2007. We were a few miles southeast of where I grew up, just south of Osmond. We had just spent a maddening day at HyVee (a Midwestern grocery chain) getting groceries to make massive amounts of wedding food and were headed home for dinner. Schuyler made me pull over as the sun was going down to take this picture. This was his first trip to Nebraska, and it was fun seeing the disbelief in his eyes when he realized where I grew up was so remote. While most people may associate Nebraska with cows, corn, football, or even the Alexander Payne movies—most people don’t realize how truly beautiful and quiet it is there. It’s a tranquility I took for granted until I moved to Florida with its sprawling interstates, stop lights, and cookie-cutter urban developments.
The reason why I put this particular picture up is to remind you, the reader, of what is important to me. While I may swear a lot, rant and rave about idiotic things, and seem obsessed with pop culture from time to time, it’s not what makes the fabric of my heart. Deep down, I am just a simple country girl that cherishes quiet moments, fresh air, and family.
Thanks for reading, my friends.
Remodeling
Friday, April 17, 2009
Posted by Margo at Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Margo, before I read this post, I was wondering where I could post about how outstanding this picture is. Really. And you GREW UP around where this was taken? I am so jealous. And I really want to just nap inside that little rickety barn, underneath that sky. Right now.
Post a Comment