Pa-thetic

Monday, April 20, 2009

So I’m going to broadcast this news on here to keep me motivated. Because I like to quit things. It’s easy to quit things! However, I have a bit of an ego, so I need to document this process so I don’t quit.

I started training for a 10K today. I think I’m clinically insane. The plan is to train for the Gate River Run in Jacksonville next spring. My goal is to be able to run the 10K for the Native Sun Mandarin Run benefiting diabetes in November (the course is supposed to be flat and fast) and then kick it up to 15K for the Gate. Did I mention that the Gate is the largest 15K in the United States? At least I’ll have anonymity going to me amongst those 14,000 endorphin freaks.

Note: This is what happens when you live in boring St. Augustine. You torture yourself just to have a hobby. It’s pathetic. The only thing more pathetic? How out of shape I am.

0 comments: