Thank you, Nintendo

Monday, April 6, 2009

My world? Well it may have been turned upside down. The culprit?

Let me introduce you to what I just invited into my once-productive household:

Wii: AKA, The white demon.

A little back story: Cookie and I were doing what we do best on a Saturday, that is, waste time. My crappy Target sunglasses had broke, so I suggested we go to Target to replace crappy broken glasses with crappy soon-to-be-broken glasses. In strolling around the store (hitting all the usual spots: swimwear, mixed nuts and candy, grills, and pet supplies) we discover Wii’s are not only FINALLY in stock, but they are also blissfully on sale. The only thing that says Saturday more than wasting time is IMPULSE PURCHASING! GIMMEE.

We didn’t purchase though, because hot damn does Cookie like a deal and therefore must do his research. (Also, Target did not have Mario Kart. That was the deal breaker for me.) So we go to the used video game store in town, but they were the same price there and thus- no Mario Kart. Cue Charlie Brown music.

Anyway—to make a VERY long story short—THANK YOU CRAIGSLIST. Seriously, I do not know why people don’t buy everything they would ever need (except underwear and toothbrushes) off of Craigslist. Yes, I would like to pay ½ price for that practically-new Wii that your spoiled daughter never used. Yes, I would like you to throw in all your many games and controllers for free including Mario Kart.

Things we have also purchased for next to nothing on Craigslist: bamboo flooring, a solid oak pub table, a 115 gallon acrylic fish tank, a television, a canoe, dozens of cichlids, and probably some other junk that I can’t remember. The secret with Craigslist is you can’t be afraid to enter into a stranger’s house. I feel sorry for Craiglisters that have cat allergies. There always seems to be cats.

And back to my main point which is: do you have any idea how hard it is to read your assigned English Renaissance dramas when everyone else in the house is playing Wii tennis and laughing their jolly asses off about it? Really effing hard.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have the house to myself tonight. Cookie is in class and I’m going to finish one of my books. HA. YEAH RIGHT.

0 comments: