Money Talks... with a cavity

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Did you know it costs about $400 to get glasses if you don’t have insurance?

That? IS INSANE.

Now, I do have eye insurance. (I just know the $400 figure because a certain boyfriend of mine that will remain nameless just broke his glasses and had to make an emergency run to the optometrist.) Since I was about fourteen I’ve practically been blind and I’m incredibly careless with my glasses and contacts. I need to hedge my bets. However, I recently dropped my outrageously expensive dental insurance and now I think I have a cavity. I am crying to myself because an eye exam doesn’t even involve “drilling” or “shots of novacane” so what in the world could this cavity procedure cost?

I was saving up for a beautiful summer dress. Something non-black (as I’m trying to purge the black from my abysmal wardrobe) and fabulous. Something that can walk the line between cocktails and work events. Something made from a natural fiber fabric and comes in the adulty even-sizes instead of the lingering junior odd sizes that I still have in my closet. (I’m trying to purge all the 3’s and 5’s because if you’re no longer in College, you no longer have an excuse to shop in the Juniors section. Period. Paragraph. Thank you Stacy London.)

A dress that meets that criteria?

PRICY.

And I should probably fix the painful hole in my tooth before skipping through Bluefly.com with my Visa card.

This adult thing- with the insurance and the even-number sizing and the balancing of the credit card charges with the actual monthly income- really sucks.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

My thoughts exactly as I shelled out $1,750 for a freakin septic pump!!