FML and other quandries of being 25...

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Signs you are getting old and are no longer in the ‘hip’ generation of young folks:

1) Having to look up “fml” on the urban dictionary today. Some of my friends were using this acronym in their Facebook updates and I was like, “Free Monica Lewinsky”? “Fussy Monkey Lips”? “Friday More Liquor”? Ohhhh Fuck My Life. FML. Then I was all FML I’m getting old!
2) I recently turned my nose up after being offered a shot, and caught myself thinking ‘who drinks shots anymore’… and then I stopped and slapped myself.
3) I don’t know what channels MTV or VH1 are on.
4) Getting up early on Sundays to “enjoy the morning” before life takes over is something I look forward to.
5) Forget fast cars or great dinner plans: having a clean house is a total turn-on.

I could go on. But this list has gotten far too disgusting. I’m ashamed of myself. I am hitting my quarter-life crisis. Quick, someone buy me a shot!

0 comments: