Sunshine, Yoga, and Pancakes

Monday, October 5, 2009

(Image via Prevention.com)
So Saturday was my first official day attending Sunshine, Yoga, and Pancakes. I’ve been getting private yoga lessons from the ‘ringleader’, Meghan, for a while now. But, for some reason, probably work or a hangover, or a lack of motivation has kept me from actually attending the Saturday morning session.

This Saturday, however, I attended. And it was SO GREAT! This is how it goes: Meghan teaches a yoga class on the sand. The Sun Salutation series was pretty challenging and I felt like I got a legitimate workout. Just when the sun started to bake and my inner monologue was going, “ok ok… my muscles are starting to shake” the yoga lesson was over and we took a nice long swim in the ocean. And I did something I never do. That is, I swam out past where I can no longer touch—past the end of St. Augustine Pier. I KNOW, how badass can I be? Pretty badass. Living here I’m constantly reminded of why people don’t move away. Yes, Florida is backwards and kind of infuriating at times… but man- it’s beaches and weather just make it worthwhile. So what if I live in the land of hanging chads and confederate flag bumper stickers. I have an ocean and a palm tree in my back yard. Take that, Nebraska.

BUT, it gets better. To top it all off—we went to Meghan’s house where she made blackberry, oatmeal, and pear pancakes. If I can channel Rachel Zoe for a moment: I DIE. I DIE for blackberry, oatmeal, pear pancakes.

So, I think this Sunshine, Yoga, and Pancakes is about the coolest new thing I’ve done in St. Augustine in a long time. It’s the little things like this that make the crappy things (which seem to be piling up lately round these parts) much, much more bearable.

0 comments: