I hate one day weekends. Two weekends ago was a one day weekend and now this weekend is going to be a one day weekend. And the weekend after that? ONE DAY.
Not at all fair. Especially when you don’t make overtime and comp time is illegal. It’s like someone telling you to eat your peas and you’re all “I don’t like peas, but they are a necessary evil so I will eat them because afterwards I get chocolate pudding*.” And then after you finish your bowl of disgusting peas they make you eat ANOTHER bowl of peas. And you’re all, “But I already ate my peas, so where’s my pudding asshole?” And they are all “Eat them if you want your pudding.” And so you eat ANOTHER bowl of peas and guess what? After all those peas you only get a half-eaten, luke-warm bowl of Tapioca pudding**. And that is entirely unfair.
Obviously I’ve taken this metaphor way too far. And now I’m hungry for chocolate pudding.
In that vein! THE SHRED UPDATE! (I bet ya’ll thought I had given up since I haven’t been updating. Well you, my fatalist friend, would be wrong.)
So for me? Well, I have only lost ½ a pound on the Shred. This is day 17 and I’ve only lost ½ a pound! It’s not fair. But, I’m pretty sure that I’ve lost several inches and gotten much more tone. And since muscle weighs more than fat, I’m going to bask in my dilusions. I am master of Level 2, so I will be moving on the Level 3 next week.
The not-so-silent partner? She has lost 9 pounds so far. She is obviously kicking my ass at this whole ‘shred’ thing. Go Sadie!
*Chocolate pudding is soooo Saturday night.
**Tapioca is definitely a Sunday.
Peas and Pudding
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Posted by Margo at Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment