I've always loved that idiom. I don't know why, I'm not a huge fan of pool. But I can't think of a better way to describe my life right now.
Busy with work, it's taking such a toll on everything else in my life. I attend book club and sheepishly announce that not only have I not read the book, I didn't even buy it. Basically I'm here for the free wine and food. Also? May I take a nap in the corner while you discuss symbolism?
The only clothes I wash are my work clothes and underwear because jeans? I haven't worn those in weeks because that would mean I have some free time. Even now as I write this tirade from the comfort of my own couch I'm wearing my work garb and have Microsoft Exchange open. And maybe a spreadsheet or two.
I love my job, I do, and that's why I've sacrificed every moment of my day to it. (That, and I know that this is the 'busy season' and come mid-may I'll be back to normality.) But it has made me into a boring zombie, and for that I am resentful.
Which leads me to this: does anyone know any good relaxation techniques that doesn't involve taking a bath (my bathroom is under construction right now and I doubt I'll be able to find my zen peace there) or drinking heavily?
I'm open to suggestions.
Signed,
Zombie Margo
Behind the 8 Ball...
Monday, April 12, 2010
Posted by Margo at Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For some reason when someone says "eight ball" I think of something expensive and higly illegal. Is that just me? Sounds like we need to get another lady or two and go out for a much needed happy hour- that is if you can tear yourself away from that computer of yours.
Computer bad. Happy hour good.
I promised you champagne and chambord! Let's plan something!
YES. Chambord and champagne. Lets do it.
Post a Comment