"I" before "E" except after, wait, you forgot the "C" idiots...

Friday, May 14, 2010

I find myself annoyed with every little thing recently. It probably has nothing to do with the fact that after only being married for three months we are going through a major bathroom renovation that causes me to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink (gross). Or the fact that we have roommates, albeit temporary, that cramp my walking-around-the-living-room–in-my–skivvies-while-watching-Ghost-Hunters-and-drinking–straight-from –the-orange-juice-carton style. Now I have to cover up, watch more respectable channels where the ghost ratio is practically zero, and use a cup. A CUP. I despise running the dishwasher so I try to keep my cup usage around one wine glass per day.

Anyway, so you can imagine my annoyance when at the gas station yesterday, armed with only my debit card and an empty gas tank I see this:

Sorry, Gas Station Employee, not even close. In fact, I bet my spellchecker wouldn’t even recognize what “inconviniene” is supposed to be. It sounds like a blood disorder to me, “I would love to go swimming with you guys, but I can’t because the pressure changes aggrivate my Inconviniene and my eyes and ears start to bleed.” There would be the Inconveniene Foundation and people would have to wear yellow and purple polka dot awareness ribbons because all other colors have been taken.

GAH. Luckily I was able to coax my car to the next gas station down. And luckily this gas station sold beer. And, my friends, you don’t need a cup to drink a can of Miller Lite!