Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
There are several things that I can honestly say I have always loved about myself. That may sound trite, or self-centered, but I'm going to be honest. Unfortunately, that list of things I dislike about myself is a lot longer than the likes-- and it's something I'm trying to work on. But the few things I love I suspect will always remain the same.
First and foremost- I love my sense of humor. I relish laughter, and love to make others laugh. I can be a bit of a jerk about it, though... I only like clever humor. Think Jon Stewart, not Jim Carey. Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Seinfeld... even the reruns make me laugh. I feel like humor allows you to find common ground with almost anyone. And I don't mind making myself the (rather large) butt of my jokes. I really do love the fact that I'm a funny person... or at least I think I am.
There are also a few other things I really love about myself. I love that I have my grandma's hands and tiny, crooked fingers. I love my high cheek bones, despite the fact that it makes purchasing glasses that fit over them next to impossible.
Finally, I love the fact that I can recognize that I'm alive, right now, and have a comfortable life. And that I try to never take that for granted.
0 comments:
Post a Comment